Network Manager’s primary responsibility is to manage and lead a team of network/ IPT engineers in managing and supporting network infrastructure, ensuring the highest performance and reliability for the Business.
The Network Manager is responsible for architectural design of the network, associated tools, and service delivery and providing oversight into the overall deployment in all locations. Network Manager will own and drive network, IPT related strategic vision and plans into cohesive strategic and tactical projects, operations and administration. Implement these plans in a professional manner in accordance with the regulations of the international standards and conforming to in industry best practices.
The Network Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day network operations and oversee regional requirements, for network, voice, telecom services and integration of security elements. Ensure 100% reliability of these services for manufacturing sites, logistics, warehouses, offices across geographies and remote sites. These objectives must be met through the development and maintenance of technology and IT security policies and procedures.
Job functions are as follows:
• Manage Network services, including: LAN, WLAN, WAN, voice, network security, and Web conferencing. Position includes support of day-to-day operational tasks as well as project management, aligning company corporate and global enterprise network comprising different locations.
• Manage IP telephone system consist of Cisco Call manager and Microsoft TEAMS voice integration.
• Manage CCTV, Bio metric access control related network, hardware, software and system
• Manager integration , setup , upgrade of new or existing sites
• Manage power, cooling and access control requirement for data centers
• Manage, enhance and deploy Corporate processes, policies, configurations and device level standardized
• Manage directives and suggestions on compliance/controls from internal audit and external partners
• Responsible for operations, uptime, KPI and project related to but not limited to: LANs, WANs, Wireless Networks, Firewalls, VPN, Routers, Switches, VoIP services, Switches, Access Points, WLC, IDF and MDF, Access Controls, CCTV, racks, cabling, hand held devices, telco link (ADSL/DSL/Leased Line/Direct Internet Access/MPLS/PRI) etc.
• Manage and lead Unified Communications infrastructure projects, Identify, implement, and support cost-effective, solutions of Unified Communications and Collaboration including adopt new technologies
• Constantly evolve monitoring and alerting to proactively address the performance of the network to ensure we deliver the highest reliability to business.
• Identify opportunities and drive automation within the network operations
• Develop repeatable processes and playbooks within network operations to ensure consistent service
• Lead troubleshooting, optimization and enhancement initiative in network, IPT, Access Control, UPS, CCTV, related problems and perform root cause analysis to resolve operational issues
• Work closely with IT Security Team/Services/Vendors to ensure consistent delivery of network changes, to develop an integrated approach to overall design of infrastructure, and to develop efficient security landscape, operations and processes.
• Ensure proper network connectivity of all sites, operate and Implement network security solutions
• Maintain up to-date knowledge of networking-related topics, including emerging technologies, industry best practices, and regulatory/compliance-related concerns
• Manage network and Telco vendor relations and accounts. Perform vendor/product research and comparisons, and recommend new solutions when technology refreshes are justified
• Recommend and drive changes to improve network reliability, performance and security
• Effectively communicate expectations and direction related organizational networking roadmap and objectives remote locations. Monitor progress and performance and provide coaching as necessary.
• Routine network operational reporting, project progress reports and system management metrics
• Work with team members on operation and maintenance scheduled during off-hours when required
• Collaborate with teams to builds and upgrades technology infra project for new and existing locations
• Monitor and manage UPS, environmental control, CCTV, Access Control system
• Monitoring SLA’s are adequately managed and reported by the suppliers;
• Managing contracts and Networking budgets, AMC with suppliers, ensuring services are delivered in line with agreements and meet local legal requirements;
• Participating in projects in other verticals and ensuring a smooth transition of network changes
• Overseeing the end-to-end network services provided by suppliers to all locations worldwide;
• Overseeing the implementation of actions to improve network services and standardization of processes used between suppliers, and third parties
• Overseeing the continuous availability, capacity, performance and security monitoring of all network equipment and software across location worldwide.
Technical Skills requirement
• Minimum 12 years of networking infrastructure operations, design and implementation at multi geographic location is mandatory.
• Strong knowledge in designing, configuring and maintaining networking equipment.
• Networking Technologies such as – MPLS, TCP/IP, DNA, SDN, SDWAN, IPSec, BGP, QoS, IP Telephony, Multicast, etc.
• VPN tunneling for Cloud infrastructure connectivity for enterprise computing
• Experience with Cisco/ Microsoft /Skype for Business/Teams
• Strong project management experience in enterprise environment
• Understanding of CCTV camera and NVR support, maintenance & Bio-Metric Access Control, Windows Server, VMware, RedHat Linux, Cisco UCS
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field of study
• Must have experience working with global team, also manage operation, projects and people remotely
• General knowledge of a telecom and backbone network infrastructure,
• Experience in project managing technology implementations/ large network management.
Candidate with below certifications will be preferred:
• CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) or CCNP (Cisco Certified Networking Professional) certifications, CCNA, IMCSE, PMP, ITIL
• SolarWinds Certified Professional.
Industry background: Automobiles/ Banks/FMCG /Consumer Goods preferred.